Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hebraic Concepts #12:The Life













I AM THE LIFE

The concept of life, and abundant life is connected to the Word of God as well. The wages of sin is eternal death, but faithfulness in the sacrifice of Yeshua (Jesus) and living by the Torah is the resurrection and journey along the path of life.
Leviticus 18:4-5 Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I [am] the LORD your God. (5) Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

Moses repeated it several times in his last instructions to Israel before he died:
Deuteronomy 6:1-2 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it: (2) That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.
Deuteronomy 30:15-16 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; 916) In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Here is a closer look at the context.
David included it with the other concepts of Torah such as the Way and Light:
Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand [there are] pleasures for evermore.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee [is] the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Psalm 119:77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.


Solomon continued in the same vein in his writings:
Proverbs 3:1-2 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: (2) For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Proverbs 7:2
Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

Proverbs 12:28 In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

Proverbs 13:13-14 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded. (14)The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

And Yeshua (Jesus) Himself attested:
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
The Apostle John wrote of Yeshua (Jesus):
John 1:1, 3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (3) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;



No comments:

Post a Comment